Under Construction Daily

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Amazing Super Productivity

First a cute photo of Biscuit and her adorable, edible red shoes:

My 'baby' sister is graduating in 2 weeks so I wanted to finish her graduation gift today. Randomly I decided to make her a skirt. Here it is:

Then I decided to make a matching purse/tote but first I had to make a practice one. I used an ugly, free canvas tote I got at a conference for the lining. It worked great, I used the existing handles and the canvas gave the bag a nice stiffness:

And the real bag (rather tiny). There is a pocket inside, like the tote above.Then I made a matching dress for Biscuit. Messed up the interfacing and the sizing but it'll work It was a learning experience. I did use some adorable vintage buttons.The dress also has a matching bib. Finally, I made a "taggie" blanket out of super soft fur/fleece. Biscuit has discovered the tags on all her toys and is obsessed with sucking on them.


Pretty soon I need to get going on some HOMEWORK!

3 Comments:

  • Melissa
    I really liked the two photo's of biscut. Not sure I spelled it correctly Nice work.

    By Blogger halfoz, at Tuesday, May 30, 2006  

  • Please don't tell me you found time to do this AND went camping. I....slept a lot over the weekend. :) Maybe I will scrapbook in my final two hours of solitude and relaxation. Loved all of the projects, think your sister will really like that skirt!

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Wednesday, May 31, 2006  

  • okay, procrastinator! shouldn't you be studying or something!?! Totally cute dress skirt and bag. I can't wait to see a pic of the girls in their dresses.

    By Blogger farfromca, at Saturday, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home