Under Construction Daily

Monday, May 22, 2006

Don't Hate Me

Do you remember that commercial for, what was it, shampoo? where the woman tosses her hair and says, "don't hate be because I'm beautiful." I always replied to the television set, "trust me, that's not why I hate you right now." How should those sentences be punctuated? Beyond my editing abilities!

Anyway, that's all to say, don't hate me because I married so well. I was reading a momblog from Clubmom (can't find the exact link right now) on the popular topic of what does (or doesn't) your husband do around the house. I decided to make lists of regular household chores completed by Mr. H and me and compare. I have a feeling I've got it pretty good. Here goes:

BTW--our baby will officially be called Biscuit from here on out, that's mostly what she's called at home anyway and I have a weird thing about posting names on the internet

Mr. H
Grocery shopping (85%)
Picking Biscuit up from daycare (95%)
Dishes (20%)
Cooking dinner (30%)
Lawnmowing (100%)
Putting the trash cans on the curb (95%)
Paying bills (70%)
Replacing toilet paper rolls (75%)
Laundry (10%)
Vacuuming (10%)
Random home repairs (100%)

Melissa
Grocery shopping (15%)
Picking "Biscuit" up from daycare (5%)
Getting "Biscuit" ready in the morning and taking her to daycare (100%)
Making food for Biscuit (100%)
Dishes (80%)
Cooking dinner (30%)
Putting the trash cans on the curb (5%)
Paying bills (30%)
Replacing toilet paper rolls (25%)
Laundry (90%)
Vacuuming (10%)
Cleaning bathrooms (60%)

Nobody
Cooking dinner (40%)
Daily making of the bed (100%)
Vacuuming (80%)
Cleaning bathrooms (40%)

Not bad, eh? And, on Monday nights when I have class, he buys me dinner and drops it off so I don't go hungry. What a guy!

4 Comments:

  • My personal favorite is the vacuuming... don't you have hardwood floors? I am sure if you place swiffers on Biscuits knees and butt, you should have a clean floor in no time flat!

    By Blogger farfromca, at Tuesday, May 23, 2006  

  • So do you go hungry the other 40%. I feel pretty good I do 100% of vac. and a few other things.

    By Blogger halfoz, at Wednesday, May 24, 2006  

  • Having to do 100% of everything (but leaving several percentage points off of most chores), you DO have it good. Of course I'm not juggling school, work and a baby. But the cat does take up a lot more time than one would think.....:)

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Wednesday, May 24, 2006  

  • Speaking from 15 years of experience this is a great list! I love the nobody part. Eating out and not worrying about how clean the house is are keys to a great marriage.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home