Under Construction Daily

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Whip it!

...and whip it good. Do you remember that song? Takes me right back to junior high school.

So anyway, discovered another crafty site and it turns out the name is Whip Up! (not Whip It!) but I've got the song in my head anyway. Whip up! is sponsoring Whiplash whipupwhich is a crafty competition. I really want to win the prize so here's my entry:

The theme for the week is "Everyday Creativity." I've been mulling this topic for the last 12 hours (many of them in the middle of the night with the baby who never sleeps). I wanted to enter a creative and crafty solution to an everyday problem.

My problem is ongoing rainy/cold weather and a baby who is outgrowing all her cozy footed outfits. (see the toes poking out?)

No point in buying a bigger size because soon it will be warm but I need to get a few more weeks out of the ones she's got. Here are the solutions I devised:

For more spring-like weather, the hemmed cut offs:

And in case it rains forever, the extended legs:My original design didn't work out but I still managed to whip up both outfits during a one hour afternoon nap. Thanks for the inspiration, Whip Up!

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home