Under Construction Daily

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Baby Bundt Cakes

Taking a quick blog break from writing a paper on agency relationships for my "Managers and the Legal Environment" class. One week into this class, I can tell you I made a wise decision when I decided not to go to law school (not that I was ever even considering law school).

Just before the blog break, I took a break to freeze another tray of baby food. I've been on a baby food making kick now that baby is eating solids. My mom made all my baby food for me (liver and carrots!) and for some reason I always thought it would be fun to do for my baby.

Of course I probably never would have gotten around it except that, in a not so subtle hint, I was given a baby food grinder and a baby cookbook for Christmas from my mom

Now I've been having fun cooking and mashing produce and forming it into little cakes in the oddly shaped ice cube tray I bought at Ikea.

Here is a lovely display of the nine flavors I have created to date. Can you guess what they are?

Here are the answers (front to back; left to right): sweet potato; pear; spaghetti squash; green beans; carrots; asparagus; apple; potato; cantaloupe. So far, baby likes sweet potato, pear and spaghetti squash for sure. She's reserving judgement on green beans, carrots and potato and hasn't tried the others. I'll keep you posted. Feel free to submit additional food ideas. I'm planning strawberries and bananas soon....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home