Under Construction Daily

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Bunny Blog

So this is another favorite new site. She offered a free bunny pattern. At first I thought the bunny was ugly (actually, I still think it's a bit ugly) but that didn't stop me from making three of them for Easter presents.

I was additionally inspired by this site which pointed out that my "original" idea of making pillows out of thrift store sweaters is about as far from original as you can get. Oh well.

I took baby to Goodwill the other night and bought this sweater for $3 (seemed a bit overpriced considering my mom can find far better stuff at garage sales for $1 max)
washed it and turned it into these bunnies:
One each for my nieces and daughter.

Here is a bunny enjoying some tummy time and showing off her sweater ball tail.
HAPPY EASTER (almost)

3 Comments:

  • darling!

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Friday, March 24, 2006  

  • I am amazed at your productivity! I had 2 and a half cups of coffee on Saturday and was good for an hour or two (purging the mold and mildew from my room)before the "jitters" hit me.

    I had to stop for fear of passing out or throwing up (could have also been from the bleach fumes, but it was not a scientifically designed study so who's to say for sure).

    Very fun stuff! thanks for the links--wish I had a few more hours in the day...

    By Blogger Manoa Missy, at Monday, March 27, 2006  

  • Manoa Missy, Please please please come purge mildew at my place. Why do you think I sew? Just to avoid cleaning the disgusting bathroom. The mold/mildew we've got is part of the whole, "former owners never cleaned" and is now impossible to remove.

    By Blogger Melissa Haworth, at Tuesday, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home