Under Construction Daily

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring is in the air

It was another productive weekend. Enjoyed a day of wine tasting and then brunch with friends (including baby's "boyfriend" who is 2 days older than her). Awww, so cute!Made the requisite trip to Home Depot on Sunday (the only time all day Sunday that baby stopped fussing) and purchased four new fruit trees. So far only one has toppled over in the rain storm. Also bought paint for my nightstand. Here's the unfinished nightstand I got from Mr. H for my birthday. And here it is painted. The upside of being up for 1-3 hours in the dead of night with a fussy baby is you have time to mull projects. I was inspired to do a spring flowering branch design on the table to allow some of the wood grain to show. It also goes with the floral theme of the bedroom and the pink is complementary to the all green color scheme we have so far.

If any of the 4ish readers care to comment, I'd like to get your opinion on how to finish this project. I could just put on some clear coat poly or I could sand and "distress" the paint and finish it with some wax. Thoughts? Ideas? I want to get it out of the living room and back by my bed...my books are hard to reach on the floor.

2 Comments:

  • My craftiness does not extend into furniture, but I do like the distressed stlye...and fruit blossoms are one of my faves :) Rock on.

    By Blogger Manoa Missy, at Tuesday, March 28, 2006  

  • Well, you know I am a fan of the distressed (furniture and otherwise), but being as I STILL have not finished my own piece of distressed furniture, my opinion is to do the glaze unless you can do the distressed in less than a year. :)

    I think it turned out very cute!

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Wednesday, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home