Under Construction Daily

Monday, March 06, 2006

iheartikea

So Ikea West Sacramento opened last week. Mr. H and I decided to brave opening day but by the time we got organized and out the door, picked up Panda Express for dinner and drove around the giant parking lot for 20 minutes, it was 7:30 p.m. and baby was tired and fussy so we sat in our car, ate bad Chinese food and viewed the wonder that is the Ikea warehouse from our parking spot about a quarter mile away.

We still haven't seen the inside of this exciting addition to the Sacramento region but, according to my mom who has already visited, they have toilet bowl brushes for $0.79 (where is the cent key??) so I"m sold on Ikea. For $0.79 you even get a holder for your brush!

Another cool thing about Ikea is the kitchen planner tool. I had hoped to paste in one of the 8 kitchen designes Mr. H and I are considering but the program isn't quite cool enough to create pdfs. What it does do is allow you to enter the size of your kitchen, fill it with windows and doors, add in appliances and cabinets then tour your creation in 3-D. Trust me, hours can be wasted spinning around a virtual 3-D kitchen.

If you are planning a kitchen remodel, I would recommend this tool. That is at least until I have the results to prove that professional kitchen designers exist for a reason!

On other updates:
  • I plan to try to stay more true to the theme of this blog (but won't ever be able to resist posting adorable baby photos)
  • Still only one pillow done in the craft room...
  • Mr. H has constructed a few more shutters but can't paint due to rain
  • Found the mother lode of bricks but haven't collected due to rain
  • The inspiration for this blog, is celebrating a milestone of nearly 50 posts. This is a personal fave (oh, and this).

2 Comments:

  • Hey, thanks for the props! I am an Ikea virgin. Mostly for the very reason you described (I never thought I'd get past the parking lot circling at the one in Emeryville). Target is much easier on the soul.

    I look forward to seeing your final kitchen design. And listen, I consider raising a kid just as much of a "project" as anything else, so continue to post the photos unabashedly, s'il vous plait.

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Tuesday, March 07, 2006  

  • sactownkid, we are SO going to Ikea in the next few weeks. It is WAY better than Target (and I really need that toilet brush) let's compare calendars soon!

    By Blogger Melissa Haworth, at Tuesday, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home