Under Construction Daily

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I never was a trendsetter

So all the cool blogs I read (all three of them) have been tagging one another about Four Things. Now, I'm not cool enough to have been tagged and at this point the Four Things concept is getting stale in the blogging world but I figured the solitary reader might still enjoy so here goes:



Four jobs I’ve had:

  1. Fabric store sales clerk. First long term job (I'm not counting the holiday stints at the Christmas tree farm before I was legally old enough for a worker permit or the Christmas job at a packing and shipping store--which reminds me, someday I'll share the story of my interview for that job)
  2. House painter for Student Works Painting. No, I wasn't one of those high acheiving student managers getting real career experience, I was the actual house painter. Actually a good skill that has come in handy many times (but somehow, as Mr. H can attest, I am still the messiest painter known to human kind. I always paint my hair and body as much as the walls)
  3. Cook for a college fraternity. For a whole academic year I cooked four nights a week for the 15 or so guys that lived in the frat house. Only had to order emergency pizza once
  4. Customer service rep for a company that tests transformer oil. I bet you've never heard of that industry.

Four movies I can watch over and over:

I'm just not that into movies so, in staying with the website theme I will list four ill conceived homeowner projects I have helped with:

  1. Grouting terra cotta tile that wasn't fully sealed (grout REALLY sticks to terra cotta)
  2. Installing a cast iron tub in a bathroom that was too small for the tub (advanced pregnancy prevented my full participation in this fiasco)
  3. Removing a perfectly good picket fence we later had to re-install
  4. Changing all the door hardware in the house before painting and before realizing we'd also have to change all the hinges which would then not fit properly

Four places I have lived

  1. Escondido, California, raised (not born)
  2. Davis, California
  3. Adelboden, Switzerland (for three months)
  4. Sacramento, California (three different locations so far)

Four TV shows I (currently) love

  1. Grey's Anatomy
  2. West Wing
  3. Alias
  4. Trading Spaces (oh to have cable and be able to watch regularly)

Show I am currently (as in right this exact moment) watching:

  1. This Old House Hour

Four (international) places I’ve vacationed

  1. Pune, India
  2. Wackersdorf, Germany
  3. Cuernavaca, Mexico
  4. Bangkok, Thailand

Four of my favorite dishes (Now I love food as much as the next person but again, I will modify)

Four foods that go well with home rennovation:

  1. Beer
  2. Pizza
  3. Del Taco (there's one in the Lowe's parking lot)
  4. Starbucks (there's one in every Home Depot parking lot)

Four sites I visit daily

  1. Yay Toast
  2. Dooce
  3. Google
  4. UC Davis (every weekday)

Four places I'd rather be right now:

Actually, I'm pretty satisfied. After two days in Bakersfield I'm sitting in my own bed holding my adorable, sleeping baby. What could be better? Instead,

Four more projects I realized I have in progress or REALLY* need to start:

  1. Painting the nightstand Mr. H made me for my birthday
  2. Helping Mr. H fill in the trench in the backyard
  3. Complete kitchen remodel*
  4. 2005 Tax Return*

Four people I am tagging:

Nobody since everyone's already done this...

1 Comments:

  • I am impressed with your list as well as your fun yellow tags. You will have to learn me some HTML sometime. :) I forgot that you were a fraternity cook back in the day, that is great!

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Saturday, February 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home