Under Construction Daily

Saturday, February 18, 2006

You can only nag so much....before you have to look in the mirror

So I've been nagging Mr. H pretty much since the day we moved in (August 2005 for the record) to make me some shutters for the NINE giant windows in the front room. Without shutters the house is a fishbowl.

He bought the wood, we ordered the hardware, a prototype got partially completed and then the whole thing stalled in favor of other projects (more on those later). So this is how our windows look right now: See what I mean? We eat in a fishbowl (ok, to be honest, we never eat at the table)

But still I've been nagging
and nagging
to no avail.

And then I decided it was time to look in the mirror.

I am queen of the unfinished project. Here's a partial list:
  1. curtains for the craft room (1/3 done)
  2. pillows for the craft room (supplies purchased)
  3. duvet cover (one side done)
  4. wedding gift from a 2004 wedding (ok, that's embarrassing) (half done)
  5. baby quilt for our baby (half done)
I'm hoping confessing to my solitary reader will increase my motivation to get this stuff done!

But maybe I'd rather just nag.

1 Comments:

  • preventing further fishbowling seems like a MUCH higher priority than the half-done crafts you mentioned. If that makes you feel better. :) You'll have to teach me the art of the nag. I feel like I'm getting pretty good at it with my mom, but don't have much experience is using it towards the opposite sex (though dave did FINALLY break down and buy a tv).

    By Blogger sactownkid, at Wednesday, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home